Monday, June 30, 2014

Where We Said Goodbye

The final night
Of your voice echoing
In the melting rays of twilight
Spilling lazily under the hills and valleys
I watched the colors grow
From pale gold to deep indigo
I searched for you within the stars
A last flare to light up a long-lonely sky

But I didn't find anything
Just a quiet ache between my heart and my stomach
I haven't quite digested your absence yet
But maybe when I wake up
The birds will sing louder
The sun will bathe me in her radiant light
And within the beauty around me
Sprinkled generously with a warmth like melted gold

You'll be gone

And I'll drive the miles back to my home
Leaving you in the hills where we said goodbye.

3 comments:

  1. You are so talented! I wish I could write poems like you. :D
    God Bless,
    Miss H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for inspiring me, Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do think this would turn into a great song. It would be something great like Come To Me, My Love or O Magnum Mysterium.

    ReplyDelete