Thursday, February 6, 2014

Hallelujah!

I spoke to you today
And my heart collapsed
Into a puddle of relief
My soul sang out
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
I felt in some way
That I had risen

For I used to be hopelessly and devastatingly collapsed
Beneath the weight of your aching sorrows
And my thoughts twisted constantly
Around the thorny rose garden of your heart
I was infatuated, clouded, faded heavily
By your cold demeanor and empty vision
My heart shivered within the periphery of your backwards glances
I was a mess, a hopeless mess
Eaten by anxiety, drenched in doubt
Until I spoke to you today and
The fog was gone
The prayer was answered
The angels joined in as
My heart sang out in a single word

Hallelujah!

I am free from your entanglement.
I have risen from the depths.

:)

4 comments:

  1. I don't understand anything, because I'm Polish, but I think that's great .! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. Your powers of description are becoming truly phenomenal. I know not of whom, or what?, you speak, but I too wrapped myself "Around the thorny rose garden..." of lives I once knew and lived that life of quiet desperation; not wanting to hurt but hurting my own fragility in the process. I have had my Hallelujah! moments only to re-burden my lovely solitude with alternate self-imposed weights best left on the cutting room floor.

    I'm sure you have been asked this countless times, and I'm not one to make requests, but do you think the Cims could ever cover Cohen's song? Yeah, that one.

    Best to you all.

    ReplyDelete