Thursday, February 6, 2014

Alive

A girl sat alone
On a hill
On a cold, autumn night
Her face was wet with the tears of
A thousand and one long, lonely nights

No one came,
No one called,
No one cared

And yet- everything was alright
For she wrapped her hands around her knees
And faced herself in the reflection of the stars
She consoled herself,
Pressing her hands to her chest
And feeling her heart beat steadily

Three words rang out
Through her tears
through her chest

I
Am
Alive.

I am alive.

4 comments:

  1. I love this poem. it gives out hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one. It’s a very nicely written reminder that, not counting God, each of us is alone and that is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god. i love this one. its so deep. i see myself in the poem and i just uhgffd i love it thank you for writing this <3 i love you Kath <3 :)

    ReplyDelete